Aug 31, 2009

Aug 17 : Sugoroku camp site - Shinhotaka Onsen : Northern Japanese Alps

Kagami-ike (Mirror Pond) reflecting Yarigatake (Mt. of Spear)

The night before, it was rather windy at Sugoroku camp site. Steady northern wind blew through the col of Sugoroku from Shinshuu side to Hida side overnight. The rain fly flapped loudly. I took it off.
In the middle of the night, I felt chilled and woke up several times. It was the coldest night in this summer, one of the staff of Sugoroku Hut told me. The autumn had come.
Lying down in the sleeping bag, I looked up the starry sky through the hammock net. Shining Vega and Artair at the top of the sky. Behind them, the galaxy was a belt of light, went across the sky. A few shooting stars, finale of Perseid Meteor Shower. Cygnus pointed southwest then west later. Each time I opened my eyes, I could see the stars moved certainly. There was an incredibly bright star which was rising higher and higher as the night went on. Jupiter. My guardian star. And my sign Sagittarius, low in the south.


As morning dawned, people started getting up. I was hearing it. I didn't want to get out of the sleeping bag. But finally had to. It had been perfectly light already. Sunshine was coming.

It was the last day. Just for descending the mountain.

Left Sugoroku col.


Looked back at Washiba Pass, Mitsumata Lodge, Mt Jii and Mt. Washiba

Looked back at Sugoroku Hut, Sugoroku pond and the camp site






No comments:

Post a Comment